Centre for Statistics
The Centre for Statistics (CSTAT) aims:
- to pursue excellence in the research and teaching of statistics
- to act as a focus of statistical activity within the University
- to foster interaction and cooperation between the members of the statistical community of the University and industry.
- to promote the use of statistics in areas applicable to industry, technology and the community.
Members of the Centre have expertise in most areas of modern statistics. Areas of interest include:
- Biostatistics, medical statistics and bioinformatics
- Design and analysis of experiments
- Industrial statistics
- Financial statistics
- Statistical computing
- Generalized linear and generalized additive models
- Stochastic modelling
In recent times Centre members have collaborated with the Queensland Environmental Protection Agency, MIM, Queensland Railways, Gold Cost City Council, various Queensland Hospitals, manufacturing industries and numerous university research and consulting projects including a number of Co-operative Research Centres.