The aims of the Mathematics Education research group are:
- to apply the theory of teaching and learning to the practice of the discipline;
- to conduct and promote research in mathematics education;
- to strengthen connections between disciplines within the University;
- to cooperate and interact with other mathematics; departments, both in Australia and abroad;
- to organise an active program of seminars to enhance research opportunities in the field;
- to increase the profile of education in mathematics;
- to attract quality research students.